BCM represents owners in such crucial areas as:
- Project scheduling.
- Control of the scope of work.
- Minimizing delays, changes, disputes and cost overruns.
- Optimum flexibility in contracting and procurement.
- Assuring the project is built to specification to meet client’s needs.
BCM provide specific expertise for all facets of the
delivery process as follow.-
Feasibility Study phase
BCM can assist clients to reach sound decisions in such
- Site analysis and selection.
- Lead in forming a collaborative team of professionals.
- Coordination with ongoing school activities and other public and community concerns.
- Development of a preliminary budget and comprehensive master schedule.
- Establishment of a management information and reporting system to meet client’s requirements.
- Development of detailed and complete bid documents to assure timely, responsive and comparable bids, while avoiding questions and protests.
- Assistance in reviewing and analyzing bids and selecting contractors.
- Cooperate to the design team to ensure that
design is both aesthetically and economically
successful and responsive to project goals.
- Review design in progress to assure constructability with minimal changes and fewer problems in the field.
- Develop detailed component cost estimates .
- Conduct pre-bid conferences to clarify the
project’s needs and assure responsive bids.
- Assure that all bid documents are clear and all questions are answered.
- Help clients evaluate and compare bids.
- Recommend bidders for contract award.
- Assure that all contractors, subcontractors and
other participants understand the project’s
design and requirements.
- Deliver timely and clear reports to clients
concerning construction progress, milestones,
and other elements.
- Manage the change order process for maximum effectiveness while minimizing delay and costs.
- Monitor the construction process to anticipate difficulties, resolve issues early, and keep the works flowing.
- Administer progress payments to assure that work milestones are being met and that all current expenses are paid in a timely manner, including all necessary variable change orders.
- Assure that the contractor provides a safe workplace, both for project workers and, in renovations, for individuals who continue to use the facility during construction.
- Coordinate the final stages of construction, including contractors’ punch lists and similar tasks that must be completed, often in a very compressed time period, before project is closed out.
BCM support Clients with a proven strategy to deliver the best possible projects, on time and within budget. Pressure is falling
on Clients, who will confront complex issues in every area from
site preparation to technology infrastructure, from builder selection to the finishing touches.